Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Plant Trial - Part 1 Arrival and Planting

My friend from Nebraska, Sherilynn, has asked that I test some perennials in my garden. She owns a greenhouse/nursery and is interested in how these plants will do in various climates. The plants arrived today and I unpacked them and promptly put them all into my garden except the hibiscus which I need to find the proper spot for.



Fedex did not due the best job keeping the box upright. The plants were a bit of a jumble.

I carefully removed them to the table and mat where I have my seedlings at present.


I think this is three Geum Koi which will have orange flowers.

These two are Huechera Snow Angel with variegated foliage. I have two other types of Heuchera so I hope these do well.

This is one of three Phlox Natascha - striped flowered phlox. I'll need to use liquid fence on it soon as the deer love to eat my phlox. I better put a cage over it too to keep the ground hog off it.

These are three Scutellaria Smoky Hills - blue flowers. They did not do well in transport.

Here are three Geranium Dark Reiter. I tired perennial geraniums before but they didn't survive the winter. We'll see how these do.

I'll keep you post on their progress.

No comments: