Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ground Hog Wars

This year I am doing battle with a ground hog or two. It seems to love to eat the leaves from the black-eyed susans and the purple cone flowers. I've resorted to chicken wire enclosures to keep the ground hog out.



The plants are putting out new leaves so I hope they will recover.







I don't expect to see many blooms this year.



One of my lilies that bloomed this week is pure white. There is a wonderful fragrance in that part of the garden from the lilies.










Almost all of the stargazer buds have opened.













Even the insects like the fragrance.

No comments: