Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, November 7, 2022

Worried.

Here's our car sitting on a foggy mountaintop in PA at the end of October.  I'm thinking it's a metaphor for how I feel about what's to come in this country after Tuesday's elections. 



Will I have an idiot 2020 election denier elected to represent me in the Senate?
Will my representative be just as clueless about democracy?

Will the state representatives be against a woman's right to choose and public education?

I'm in a fog of worry.

8 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yes, I feel the same way. I am terrified of getting Trump back in 2024. Not a happy thought.

Anvilcloud said...

It boggles my mind that so many can even contemplate voting GOP. I don't understand the world any more,

Tom said...

...no state safe from this madness.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I can well understand your worry. There is a real prospect that the end of democracy in the United States might be right at hand.

Cynthia said...

Me, too. Very worried. I hope the predictions are wrong.

acorn hollow said...

It will be interesting to see what happens in this state. Depends on who votes and why.
Cathy

Faith said...

Be thankful you don't live in NY! omgosh I'm really kinda worried about where we're going as a state and as a nation. But..I also firmly believe my citizenship is in Heaven and i pray often Come quickly Lord Jesus. If Trump gets into office in 2024 (first of all he should NOT be allowed to run ever again??!!) and if my state gets certain GOP leaders, i'm going to seriously try to convince my husband we should move to Europe. hahahah

Fun60 said...

It all sounds such a lottery. I can't believe that they would allow Trump to stand again. Fingers crossed that sense prevails.