Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, May 23, 2022

New Faces

 I have some new faces blooming in the garden and some others preparing to show their faces.

On the front porch and in the front porch garden

a yellow begonia, one of two in pots,


pink tulips


red geranium


yellow daisies


A volunteer on the side of the house I hated to pullout

spider wort (I think)


On the deck pots are filled.





including this hanging pot sharing the hook with the hummingbird feeder.


In the deck garden the first bloom of the bleeding heart I just planted this spring.


In the maple tree garden I moved the yellow pansies that had been on the front porch to this pot.


In that garden are some blooms to reveal soon.  Not sure what this one is but there are several.


Columbine is full of buds.


Here's a full view of that garden bed with splashes of color from marigolds newly planted.


In the hosta garden this lambs ear is filling out nicely.



This mammoth hosta had a head start by being planted last fall.  There are an assortment of others that were given to me that I quickly planted.  As they get bigger their final resting places may change.


These pansies from last year wintered over and are blooming in the hosta bed.


In the sculpture bed the mammoth hostas I planted are doing well.



The Inukshuk has been recreated using landscape adhesive (Thanks Tom).  Doesn't quite look the same but is sturdier. 


This new little stone bench is awaiting a pot TBD.


The yard and gardens in almost their entirety.  Never had a lawn so big before.


And the view to the west with that solitary white tree


blooming on the hill.  Another new face!


Update: a couple of posts ago I complained how Blogger mixes up my photo inserts. Faith who commented mentioned that once she uploads the photos she deselects them and then selects them in the order she wants them to appear.  I tried that with this post and it worked.  Thank you, Faith!

13 comments:

Tom said...

...life is all about learning tricks!

acorn hollow said...

your gardens are looking great
cathy

Lea said...

Beautiful!
I love the green jug with yellow pansies!
I have purple Spiderwort, but did not know there was a pink one, so I learned something new today - Thanks!
Have a wonderful week!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Your yard is beautiful!

Barbara Rogers said...

Isn't spring fun, to see all those plants about to bring their blossoms out? Just remember the snow a few months ago!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Always exciting to see the first flowers appear on each plant and imagine/dream what it will look like when they're in full bloom later in the summer. A garden that size takes a lot of filling.

Marcia LaRue said...

Your hard work will be so satisfyingly beautiful when everything is in full bloom! Looking forward to seeing it all!

Fun60 said...

The purple pansies complement the yellow dahlia really well. I think it's incredible the amount of work the two of you have done in a relatively short amount of time.

Buttercup said...

Few things more lovely than a New England spring. I'm also going to my Dartmouth 50th in two weeks. Not sure that it's too much, but hated to miss the opportunity. I think you're pretty close and maybe could find time for coffee, if it works for you.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your yard gardens are looking very nice, Marcia, and your blooms are looking very nice. You certainly have a lot of space to plant.

Bonnie K said...

Brilliant! Love the colors! Everything looks so warm and green.

Anvilcloud said...

Summer will look good there.

Cynthia said...

So pretty! Everything is growing and greening so nicely, before the summer heat. You sure have done lots of work and now time to sit out there and enjoy.