Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, February 17, 2020

Q & As - Sharing a Bit About Me


Sue at My Quiet Life in Suffolk posted these Q & As.  I thought I'd give some answers, too.

1. Who are you named after? 
My first name came from a book at least that's what I remember my mother saying.  My middle name from a close friend of hers.

2. Last time you cried?
I think it was a result of a sermon at church describing conditions at the Mexican border.  My pastor went there recently.

3. Do you like your handwriting?
Only when my hand isn't shaking and I can write neatly.  As I've aged Essential Tremor in my hand has gotten worse.  When I taught school I liked my handwriting on the chalkboard.

4. What is your favorite meat?
Toss up: chicken, ribs, bacon, etc.

5. Longest relationship?
46 years this March 30th

6. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yep!

7. Would you bungee jump?
Of course not.  I did manage to go down a 1/4 mile sled run last week one time.  That was enough. Jumping from a plane- no, scuba diving - no.  You get the picture.

8. What is your favorite cereal?
Now it's hot oatmeal with cranberries or raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon and milk.  Growing up -Cheerios.

9. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Depends on how much of a hurry I'm in if they are sneakers.  My boot shoes I have to untie.

10. Do you think you're strong?
Not as strong as I once was.  I have no hand gripping strength so must ask Dan to open jars for me.  Didn't used to be that way.  But I can carry granddaughter on my back and she weighs 30 lbs.

11. Favorite ice cream?
Every evening when server announces dessert choices there are 5 or 6 ice cream options.  They are all good but trying not to eat much.  The last one I succumbed to was Heavenly Hazelnut.

12. What is the first thing you notice about a person?
Maybe their height.  Since I'm 5'2" I'll usually remember if I can look them in the face or have to look up.

13. Football or Rugby?
American football

14. What color trousers are you wearing?
I have black sweat pants on because later this morning I have exercise class.

15. Last thing you ate?
Last night I had black bean soup that I'd made for us for a light supper.  Haven't had anything this morning because have to wait to eat after taking a thyroid pill.

16. What are you listening to?
The sounds of morning traffic even though it's Presidents Day people still headed to work.

17. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Pink or light green.

18. What is your favorite smell?
Cookies baking. First thing that came to my head.

19. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
I don't think my call last night to make dinner reservations for tonight counts because I spoke to a recording, so must be daughter Sarah who called to tell us how the potty training was going for granddaughter.

20. Hair color?
Used to call myself a dirty blonde but it's more brown and gray now.  I get highlights to tone down gray.

21. Eye color?
Green or brown I think.

22.  Favorite foods to eat?
Asparagus, a good salad, eggplant parmesan, the tapas we had in Barcelona.  Too many choices.

23. Scary movies or happy endings?
The latter, please.

24. Last movie you watched?
Turner Classic Movies is having 31 Days of Oscar.  Dan has been recording them and the last we watched Saturday night was a 1935 version of David Copperfield.

25.  What color shirt are you wearing?
Aqua, a free shirt from the fitness center here for  walking a marathon in a month's time.

26.  What is your favorite holiday?
Holiday as in celebration? Christmas.  Holiday as in vacation? the week we spend with both daughters, sons in law and granddaughters.  This summer we will return to Oneida Lake in NY.

27. Beer or wine?
Reisling (sp?) is preferred these days though have an occasional beer.

28. Night owl or morning person?
Morning

29.  If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Closer to either daughter both are 400-500 miles from here.

30.  Favorite day of the week?
Can't say I have a preference now that I'm retired.  Weekends for sure when I was teaching.

Wow, this took longer than I thought to retype and answer.  

6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I see that you are uncertain about eye colour. Sue's eyes are hard to describe as well. I guess we settle on green, but . . .

Elaine said...

I am with you on the oatmeal/porridge, Marcia. Thank you for letting us see your answers!

Tom said...

...we match up on many!

Sue in Suffolk said...

Interesting to see your answers.

Oh, I hadn't even thought about Holiday as being anything other than a time spent somewhere away from home. I suppose we don't call Public Holidays -Holiday. We would say Christmas or Easter etc.

Cynthia said...

Well, I do feel like I know you much better now! I’ve seen these Q & As on other blogs and I always wonder who makes up the questions.

Barbara said...

Hi Marcia, I just came over from I'm Retired - Adventures. I love the title of your blog. It would be a perfect description of me too. I can't imagine going on that slide since living in Texas I have never seen snow like that. I loved these questions and answers too. I am your new follower.