Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

New Faces in my Garden

 Monday brought out these new faces to smile at me.

First iris blooms.

Many more to open.

Funny thing about these irises, I have no recollection of where they came from.  They may have been here but in a different location and I moved them without knowing their color.  They are lovely.  More irises to open up soon including a white one from blogger Vicki.


This is a new flower for me and for this season according to the garden center where I purchased this.  Tag below. I planted it on Mother's Day and it had that bud.  It took this long to open.


Not sure why these wave petunias are speckled unless it was the spray from my insect repellant.  Black flies are bad this year.


Chive blossoms are always lovely.


I know these little flowers as million bells.


These volunteers just keeping coming up here despite the weeding. Name escaping me at present.  I have other clumps that have yet to bloom.


This is the first year for my lupine to bloom.  I think there's a white flower coming too.


And I planted dahlias last week and this one has broken through the ground already.  They love this soil.




9 comments:

Tom said...

...I wish that I had bearded iris in our garden. Chives can be lovely, but they will take over a garden.

Barbara Rogers said...

Such a lovely pale iris. Thanks for sharing your garden. I've had a petunia go from deep purple to pale blue - who knows what they're up to!

DrumMajor said...

My peach iris waited two years to come up with buds and bloom! Linda in Kansas

acorn hollow said...

I have one iris blooming and it is yellow with lots more to come.
That plant you can't get rid of is spider wort and it is a bad plant. I have it and it has gone everywhere and just when I think I have it control out it goes again.
Cathy

doodles n daydreams said...

The iris is a lovely colour, looking forward to seeing more :)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Hard work produces great results.

Anvilcloud said...

You have room to have many blooms of may kinds.

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful blooms! And I love the lupine!

Kay said...

I'm so excited for all your spring plantings. I wish we could have lupine here in Hawaii.