Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year!

 We had a wonderful week long visit from our daughter Sarah and family from Buffalo.  Granddaughter #3 is quite sharp and enjoying first grade. Granddaughter #4 is an active almost two year old. Lots of new words learned while she was here.

Emily's family that lives close by had lots of time with us too during the holidays.

No resolutions for this year. I know what I need to do as far as exercising and eating.

Holding my breath a lot about the upcoming election and whether we say no to a wannbe dictator who attempted a coup in 2021.

Almost read 100 books in 2023. I got to 94.  In 2022 the total was 68.

We are undertaking another renovation project this month.  This time it's the bathroom/laundry room. Plumber comes on the 5th to give us an estimate on the plumbing portion.  Flooring already picked out and ordered. New washer and dryer will require an electrician as we are changing over from a propane dryer to an electric one.  New vanity already selected but not purchased yet. I'll need to do some painting of laundry cabinets very soon.

Christmas decorations came down on New Year's Day! I'm ready for 2024!


9 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You always have a project in the works.
Happy New Year the whole year through.

Nan said...

Marcia, thank you for your comment on my blog. I deleted it because you mentioned real places. I have avoided that all the years I have been blogging. It may seem silly in these times when everyone is on social media telling everything, but I want to keep my location private.

Fun60 said...

Happy New Year to you both. You are starting the year with a sprint rather than a stroll. Decorations down already and a new home project in the first week. My forthcoming events are a mixture of highs and lows. A new grandchild in the spring but a court case for my daughter with regard to an extremely acrimonious divorce.

acorn hollow said...

Glad you had a nice visit with your family. Good luck on the redo.
Cathy

Tom said...

...I'm glad that you had a wonderful Christmas with your family, Happy New Year.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday season with family, Marcia, and are now ready for the New Year with house projects to concentrate on. I will u-decorate the apt exterior this weekend, but Patrick is leaving the village up through January as it took so long to put up and we do enjoy seeing it lit at night.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, How are you? Thanks for posting. I don't blog much --but miss so many blog friends.

Hope 2024 is good to you.

Hugs,
Betsy

Kay said...

Gee... I didn't do any resolutions this year. However, I think I'll keep the ongoing resolution to downsize belongings. Very hard to do with a husband who hates to part with things.

And we're having the worst time deciding on which washer to buy. Arrghhh...

Buttercup said...

My book total was 25 for last year. I felt like I read a lot more, but I guess I started a lot of books, but only finished 25. I'm going for thirty next year and trying to read every day. I'm keeping up with my walking, hope to get back to the pool and definitely need to do some postcards.

We're finally getting some snow tonight, but it doesn't seem to be sticking. I'd love a pretty couple of inches, even knowing it will be gray slush by tomorrow afternoon.