Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Another Addendum

 


An old photo with the foreground being my neighbor's yard.  This photo predates the building of her mother's house which she came to own.  The barn on the back of her property (not pictured) was there first which probably explains the fencing and these steer.

Could the leaves at the top of the photo be from the tree that was felled?


Our neighbor's house is not in this bird's eye shot of the flat where we now live.

Here's a cropping focusing on the church (Meeting House) on the left, our neighbor's barn, then you can see the peak of our roof with our barn in front of it.


All this to say that I guess the tree was not as old as it looked.

By the way there were no visible hollow spots until the trimming began.  It looked pretty sturdy.




4 comments:

Tom said...

...if the tree in question is a silver maple, it would look a lot older than it really is. I would never own a silver maple unless I had plenty of room and the tree was fair distance from anything of value!

Anvilcloud said...

Nice view into the past.

Vicki Lane said...

Sad about the tree. But nice to see pictures of your place in years past.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I always enjoy looking at old photographs; we can learn so much from them.