Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Other finds

Sharing some other finds from the barn but first - pussy willows.

Daughter Emily gave me a sprig from her tree with the instructions to put it in water.  The first photo is from Tuesday when she gave it to me and the second from this morning.  

As to the finds - there is this tiny medal attached to the door jamb of the barn entrance.

 

Reading counter clockwise from 9 to 3 o'clock it says "The Olympic Courier from".  The bottom reads "Telemark Norway".   My search on the web found nothing.  I think the date in the bottom right corner says 1986 but the last digit is questionable.  The medal is no more that 2"x1".  I don't know how it's fastened on there.

The former owner's ex husband had a ski shop of sorts in part of the barn.  This door inside the barn is plastered with stickers. The marriage lasted all of 4 years so the business was not long lasting either.


And last there's this in a corner above a shelf with watering cans.  Haven't been able to reach it to see if it's a picture or a painting.  Need to check it out more closely.


We had someone here yesterday that knew the former owner and we hope can work to renovate the barn for us.  Initially he thought we were going to ask him to take it down and he would have done that because there's a market for old barns.  We want to renovate part to use as a garage.

More finds yet to come!



4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I don't know the date of that little 'medal' but the Lillehammer Olympics were 1994 if that is any help. I remember them well as I watched from the floor in a two-month back episode.

I wonder if the painting in the last photo was a paint-by-numbers because I feel as though I may have seen something like that previously.

Tom said...

...the barn keeps giving.

Fun60 said...

It is proving tobe a real treasure trove.

Cynthia said...

Fun surprises! The painting looks like a paint-by-number kit.