Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, January 15, 2021

Three Randoms


#1

The amaryllis is in full bloom!  Five blooms!

 



There are two more buds but don't know if those will develop.


#2

This 1000 piece puzzle was completed last weekend.  Granddaughter had started it on the floor when we first moved here in December.  We borrowed a card table from daughter to work it on. 


But the width dimension of the puzzle was a tad more than the width of the rectangular card table.  Everyone worked on it, and when it came down to the last pieces (the road and the green grass) three of us  working together finished it off with granddaughter putting in the last piece.


#3

We haven't had any new fresh snow in weeks but what's there is still lots of fun for two sprites shown here running across a snowy field so their capes fly out behind.








7 comments:

Tom said...

...our amaryllis sent up a tall stalk and had two huge red flowers and noe it has a second stalk.

Barbara Rogers said...

Aren't Amaryllis blooms beautiful to watch in the midst of winter? Good for you doing puzzles too!

Margaret said...

I love the amaryllis color! Do they smell? I'm not into puzzles; I wish I were.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Three things to bring back plenty of memories for me: my mother always had to have an Amaryllis each winter; my Father had a spell of doing jigsaws when he took early retirement for health reasons - luckily he recovered to the point where he could do his garden, and the jigsaws could be left behind; and who doesn't have happy memories of playing in the snow?
In answer to your comment on my blog, I wrote a post all about thatch a few years ago - you can find it here:
https://bystargooseandhanglands.blogspot.com/2018/08/beneath-roof-of-straw.html

Anvilcloud said...

The pointy hood does look a bit sprite-ish.

Cynthia said...

That last photo is so precious! And your amaryllis is just gorgeous. We have camellias blooming all winter so I don’t buy them anymore but I surfed loved those bright blossoms when I lived in Minnesota! Well done on your puzzle.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I have never seen an Amaryllis have 5 blooms Great shot. I was given a 2000 piece jigsaw with all the favourite family photos . It took me all day to find the edges adn in reality it is so big I know I am not ever going to complete it however I have discovered my son in law and granddaughter in Australia are really into jigsaws and they would like me to send it to them. That should keep them busy for a LONG time. Thanks for commenting on my posts, I appreciate that, Have a good week ahead.