Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Art Treasures

I'm going back in time to repost blogs from my past.
This one appeared three years ago today.

I visited the National Gallery of Art East Wing last Friday, a Vantage House trip.  Look back one day to see the architecture of this building.  Today I will feature some of the art work.

This is from the early 20th Century by George Bellows.





Other scenes of American life in the early century.







Striking paintings of life more than 100 years ago.




5 comments:

Tom said...

...Marcia, these are timeless works of art, they will always appeal to the eye. Thanks so much for sharing.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great paintings. Thanks for sharing your photographs of them.

Nancy Chan said...

Great oil paintings. A talented artist. I went back to check on the building and found the architecture very modern.

betty-NZ said...

What great scenes of life in that era. Glad you shared.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Betsy... The paintings are truly timeless --and paintings we all can enjoy no matter what age we are. Thanks for sharing.

I am yearning for life as it was --and not as it is now... Our ancestors did so much to give us the freedoms we have been enjoying. However, these freedoms are being challenged now --and our country is truly in a mess. God Help us ALL.

Hugs,
Betsy