Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Out of the Mouth of Babes

So youngest granddaughter was here at the beginning of the month.  She is a joy to have around by the way.  She lives in Buffalo now.

Anyway not sure where she learned to be so good at the quick retort.  She sounds like she's a teen not two and a half.

Here are two gems.  Both with Dan who is Papa.

Papa: Granddaughter where are your shoes?
Response: where is your hair?

Now you can see from the photo below that Dan is bald.  He's not completely bald but he got tired of the little hair he had on the sides and retired me as his barber of 46 years.  He started shaving off the rest in the fall.  Don't know why granddaughter just noticed but her response was so quick we had to laugh.


When granddaughter visits she knows where to find the toys.  She loves to get them out to play and they get scattered quickly.  Here's another zinger.

Papa: Granddaughter don't throw your toys around?
Response: They're not my toys!

She's correct of course.  They aren't her toys but for her to come up with that quick retort floored us.

5 comments:

Tom said...

...my granddaughters also have asked me were my hair went. They all learned this stuff in basic training before they showed up!

Bonnie K said...

Wow! She is a smart one.

Fun60 said...

Smart girl. She'll have an answer for everything.

Kay said...

Oh my gosh! She is obviously very bright and... precocious. Too funny.

Anvilcloud said...

I too have little hair to lose, and I did do the shaved head thing once too.