Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, August 26, 2019

The Falls



On our way back from Niagara on the Lake I suggested we stop by to see the Falls since we were there.  I had no idea that the Canadian side was so built up.  Reminded us of Vegas in a way. 


 Parking would have cost $25 so we gave up searching for a spot and stopped in a Tim Horton's to use the rest room instead.  


There were considerable crowds along the Canadian side and traffic moved slowly.


We then headed over the Friendship Bridge and that's how we viewed the Falls as we waited to pass through Customs.














5 comments:

Tom said...

...the Falls are iconic, but a bit over crowded!

Fun60 said...

No matter how commercial it is becoming you can't take away the magnificence of the Falls.

Debby said...

I went there back when I was too young to remember. I want to see the Falls, one day. It's just such a long trek from California to there. Ahhh, one day...

Anvilcloud said...

It is very commercialized, but I think you should have done it anyway. It is nice to walk beside the falls if nothing else.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

We've been there, years ago, and we stayed on the Canadian Side --and loved it. BUT--it wasn't built up like it is now and we didn't have a 'crowd' problem.

Reminds me of the Gatlinburg area ---which is so touristy now. We stay away from that area during the heavy seasonal times.... During the winter, it's wonderful there.

Hugs,
Betsy