Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Critters at Wilde Lake

This is Wilde Lake near my home.  I enjoy walking around it.  


One Sunday morning on such a walk I walked passed this critter without seeing it because two women were walking toward me and I moved to the right so they could pass.  Only when I heard they exclaim did I turn and see what I had passed by.



 These geese announced their progression across the lake.


When I got to the other side on my walk I encountered the geese close up.



This one looked like the last one to leave its egg - it was the runt if there is such with eggs.




2 comments:

Tom said...

...I see that you have an abundance of geese too!

Kay said...

Is that a snapping turtle?