Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Out of Hibernation Already?

Look who I spied out from its winter quarters under my deck!


It's the resident ground hog!


Scurrying across the snow in the perennial garden.


Ducking behind the far wall.

It looks pretty fat for a critter that's been hibernating.

Does this mean spring is here?

Sorry for the quality of the photos but it was moving too fast.

I guess this means a start to my ground hog war!


10 comments:

Rose said...

Haha....ground hog war....but that describes it exactly!

Stewart M said...

If thats how fat he is after hibernation - what was he like before!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

jp@A Green Ridge said...

How cute!! It is rather pudgy...perhaps it's a girl and is "you know what"?!?!?! Although I do not want any under my deck, thank you very much!! I am always concerned that a skunk will hide under there and then the dogs will tangle with it...:)JP

Tom said...

did he see his shadow?

Martha Z said...

I chased a rabbit out of my garden yesterday, us against the critters.

Lea said...

I seen only one groundhog here, but there are bound to be others!

Christine said...

We don't have ground hogs here in N. Ireland but I assume they cause havoc around your home and garden if you've declared war!
Happy weekend!
Christineandhercamera.blogspot.com

carol l mckenna said...

Sweet shots ~ what a great find for you and us!

Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Perhaps he was hungry? Have a lovely weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I think it could mean it is an early spring. I am hopeful. Cool shots of your resident groundhog. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week!