Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

View from Here - Spring Temps

Today is supposed to be the warmest day we have had in ages: 75º.

Trouble is it's also raining.

So during the first rain shower I vacuumed the screen porch and swept the deck.

Then when the rain stopped did some pruning before the rain drove me inside again.

Now I've had my lunch and am waiting for the rain to stop again.

Well, it did back out to work some more on spring chores.

Here's the view from here:

The pond through the screen of the porch with ice.


A bright spot below my bedroom window - can't see them?


Here they are.


My makeshift fence of downed wood. Would you believe I could find nothing on the internet about how to make this?


Closer look.  I hope it will make the deer think twice about jumping it.


I have two helpers coming Saturday to extend it along this edge of the glen. I think they will be able to start with larger logs and build it up from there.  We'll use the trees as stakes to keep them from rolling down into the glen.


Screen porch almost inviting though too soon for cushions.


And too soon for collectibles on display.


But it won't be long now before I'm out there with a glass of iced tea and a good book but first the garden chores need to be done.




4 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Love your Crocuses so spring seems to be on its way to you. Love where you will sit and look out at the garden.

amanda said...

Oh, those crocuses! What a happy sight.
I love your new fence and your gardens and grounds, so fabulous and inspiring!

Tom said...

What a lovely place! Tom The Backroads Traveller

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi there, Love your Crocus blooms... Ours are gone -but the Daffodils and Hyacinths are gorgeous.... BUT--we have a freeze warning out for tonight and tomorrow night... YUK... We've covered what we could and brought containers back into the garage.. BUT--there will probably be some damage. We also brought a bunch of flowers inside to enjoy here.... Mother Nature is doing what she does.. We just have to live with it and SMILE..... ha

You'll be enjoying Spring soon. Hopefully, this will be the END of the cold weather --and hope you don't get this one..

Hugs,
Betsy