Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Zucchini & Tomato Pasta Sauce









From my freezer this week I pulled out a bag of frozen zucchini spears and a bag of frozen tomatoes to make a sauce for pasta.  I sauteed an onion first then added the frozen items. 

 

Once they were cooked down I added a piece of my frozen chopped basil (not pictured), a teaspoon of sugar, salt and pepper.  Using the stick blender I pureed the whole thingand served it over angel hair pasta and meatballs.  It was delicious.


Joining Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard over at Robin's.

5 comments:

Robin said...

"The Italian" makes a red sauce with chunks of zucchini in it. I have never had a sauce made like this though. I bet it was great!

Jody said...

That looks delicious. I like the green color and inviting texture.

HolleyGarden said...

That looks good! What a great way to add zucchini!

Patricia said...

Posts like this make me want to run out and buy an extra freezer. My bottom freezer of my refrigerator just doesn't do it! But I would have to put it in a closet!

Prairie Cat said...

I wish I had all of the veggies that you used in this recipe! We don't have a freezer right now, so we are limited to what I managed to can.

This summer, I was drowning in zucchini... but sheesh, I would love to be cooking some right now!