Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fear of Losing My Peas

Last spring I truly believe that a turkey was eating my peas as they poked through the soil. So this year I've had a net over the peas, but with rain storms it keeps being blown cockeyed. Today when leaving down my steep drive I spotted two very large turkeys in the wetlands at the bottom of the steepest part of the drive. They didn't fly away - they ran. Then I thought of my peas! I'd better fix that net and while I'm back up there, grab the camera. I turned around and did both of those things. Alas, when I returned to where I'd seen them they'd disappeared but left this deer behind. It wasn't there the first time.



It took its time walking away but I had a time trying to capture it so I took photos of the skunk cabbage instead.



Then here's my surprise lily that surprised me two years ago in the wetlands, I transplanted it last year to the entry way to our drive and this year it's growing.


When I got home from my errands the net on the peas was askew again. It's been a windy day. Maybe the peas are past the point when turkeys will eat them?

1 comment:

wilderness said...

Love the deer picture. The lily sure looks healthy. Sure hope the peas are safe.