Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Eggplant

I picked my largest eggplants this evening. I had a hankering for fried eggplant so decided that they were big enough to pick: one of each variety.

I sliced them up into spears.


Tossed them in beaten egg.


Then tossed them in bread crumbs.


Heated a skillet with corn oil to brown them up.


Turned them over since they each had three or four sides.


Placed them on a paper towel to drain and served them up. I sometimes drizzle syrup on my fried eggplant. They were so good.


Here's the tomato dish we had with our supper: scalloped tomatoes a Joy of Cooking recipe. Very easy. Sauteed onions in butter, add brown sugar, dried crumbs, cut up tomatoes and place in casserole. Top with crumb mixture and bake at 350ยบ for 30 minutes. One of our favorite tomato dishes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great eggplant dish! It looks beautiful.