Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Botched Forecast

The weather was calling for only a light dusting of snow, no more than an inch. As I write this we have three and it's still falling.

When I left this morning at 10 to go shopping it had just started. I came out of Kohl's and the car and parking lot were covered. When I came out of Safeway there was more than an inch and more falling.

I headed home for going the last two stops. Dan rang he was headed home from buying wood.

The stretch of road down to the Patapsco River crossing was slow going - lots of snow. Thankfully Quaker Hill had been salted or I wouldn't have made it up.

I came down the lane following one set of car tracks which I assumed were Dan's. "Good" I thought he made it up the driveway and then I had to come to a halt. There he was ahead of me backing up after trying to get up and around the first turn in the driveway. I beeped, thinking he didn't see me come behind him. I backed up to the lane and so did he. We left his car there and he drove mine up the driveway, barely getting traction on the last hill.

Why did I think I could have done that? I was glad he was the driver for that last stretch.

We'll get the snowblower out tomorrow once it's done snowing.

No comments: