Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lavender Bottles

Do you have a lot of lavender? I sure do and I'm grateful to my friend Karen (aka Keggy on ABY) for sending me directions on how to use it to make lavender bottles.
Cut long lengths of lavender. Select 13-14 stems and gather them with a ribbon tying the ribbon directly below the blooms.


Wrap the two ends of the ribbon around the blooms and tie off at the top.

Bring the stems up over the blooms one at a time.Tie the stems together at the top and trim the stems to the same length. Hang in a closet or place in a drawer for that wonderful lavender scent.
I have to give credit for the lavender bottle directions to this lavender craft website.

No comments: