Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bird House Project

As I was clipping back dead stalks I realized I could put to use some of this material.  The brainstorm came overnight as those typically do, that I could decorate wooden bird houses.  We stopped at Joann's on Saturday before going to see a wonderful movie (The Artist) and there outside the doors were an assortment of wooden houses just waiting for me.  I couldn't pass up getting three different ones.

Wednesday afternoon I assembled my supplies in the the wood shop: a folding table, chair, hot glue gun and refills, bird houses, clippers, assorted dried stalks, seed pods, leaves and flowers and went to work on the first one.  Here is the result:







Now I have to figure out how to preserve it and whether it can go outside.

4 comments:

Robin said...

The birdhouse looks great! I don't know if it will fare the weather outside with the leaves on it. You can always spray it with some type of sealer for crafts. I'm sure that there are a lot of different sealers available now.

Jenny Rottinger said...

awesome! I can only wish for your creativity

HolleyGarden said...

It's adorable!!! If I were a bird, that's the home I'd want! I hope you can spray it with something that will keep it preserved. And then put it in a place of honor, not necessarily outside.

Linda said...

How creative!