Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Something to Tickle Your Funny Bone.

Always have to wonder where is that funny bone?  In my elbow seems like a strange place but here are some chuckles from my friend Marilyn

I took my suit to the cleaners, who wanted to charge me $40, so I gave it to the charity shop next door. They cleaned and pressed it and put it in the window. I bought it back for$15.

 

 My wife and I decided to never go to bed angry. We've been awake since Tuesday.

 

Someone just gave me half a peace sign. Weird.

 

Growing up, we knew Dad had had enough when we heard the recliner slam down. Kids these days will never know that fear.

 

My wife said: "That's the 4th time you've gone back for dessert! Doesn't it embarrass you?" I said: "No, I keep telling them it's for you."

 

She said she missed me. Normally that would be good but she's reloading.

 

When I was in elementary school we learned about a shape called a rhombus and that was the last time I ever heard about that shape.

 

My wife and I started role-playing in the bedroom. Her favorite is The Sexy Librarian where I have to sit quietly while she reads a book.

 

Being old is when you don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go too.

 

I now know how it will all end for me, one of my kids will unplug my life support to charge their phone.

 

At a wedding reception, someone yelled: "All married people please stand next to the one person that has made your life worth living." The bartender was almost crushed to death.

 

I met my wife at a singles night. I was surprised because I thought she was home with the kids.

 

I want someone I can share my entire life with who will leave me alone most of the time.

 

Yesterday I bought a world map, gave my wife a dart, and said, "Throw this and wherever it lands, I will take you on vacation." We're spending 3 weeks behind the fridge.

 

As I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I remind myself that you can't always trust Google Maps.

 

 

6 comments:

Tom said...

...I always that that your funny bone was in a strange place too.

Barbara Rogers said...

I loved the cleaners/thrift shop joke. I'll practice and practice and probably forget some of it in hopes of sharing it with others.

Granny Sue said...

Oh my! 👍 I laughed so hard at some of these!

doodles n daydreams said...

A good laugh for the day 😅

Fun60 said...

I particularly liked the first one.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

They’re all great but I especially like the first one.