Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, April 22, 2024

Another Botanical Garden


 Last week some members of my garden club took a trip to the Life Sciences building at Dartmouth College. On the 4th floor is a botanical garden separated into different climates. The plants are labeled but there’s no thought to displaying them artistically like most botanical gardens. 

We had a great time oohing and aahing over the blossoms, the leaf patterns, the strange features, and the fragrances. 

I’m writing this on my iPhone and hoping I can transport my photos here too. 



















































Congratulations you made it through 50 photos!  Did you catch the orchid that was made of legos?

Also I managed to post this on my phone but I came to computer to increase the size of the photos.  Good to know that I can post from more than just my laptop.

 

9 comments:

Tom said...

...I wouldn't have a clue about doing this on my iPhone. Good job!

Barbara Rogers said...

Excellent photos! I am still working out my own kinks for the iPad to post things on. So many beautiful plants and flowers! So glad the corpse flower was just a photo! There was one that bloomed at some college nearby, but I wasn't inclined to go see it. I like to breathe too much!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

A visit I would have very much enjoyed.

Anvilcloud said...

A memorable experience for me was visiting a place like that in mid-winter. It was wonderful.

Fun60 said...

Some fabulous flowers there. Yes I had to enlarge the Lego one as it looked a bit strange ha ha.

acorn hollow said...

Wow amazing. you saw that stinky plant was it in bloom? It is suppose to be the corpse plant.
Cathy

Vicki Lane said...

Oh, what beauties! Those orchids!

Kay said...

Yup. I saw the Lego orchid. So many of these orchids and plants are very familiar to me. And I see you also had a blooming Titan arum corpse flower.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That was quite the assortment of plants and some very interesting ones including the Lego orchid, which at least doesn't require much attention.