Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Artwork

 Rediscovered some artwork of mine from 10 years ago.  Didn't realize it had been that long since I took up the watercolor brush and paints.





I see my mistakes but had forgotten how far I'd gotten in learning this medium.

Like any of these?

9 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Marcia, my favorite is the thurd one from the top with the cabins in the snow. Have you considered taking up painting again as you have talent.

Tom said...

...I tried once years ago and quickly decided that it wasn't for me. I like the barn scenes.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the next to last with little bare trees in the front! You are talented and should paint again! Very pretty snow scenes...every one of them!

DrumMajor said...

They are all beautiful. I had an elderly neighbor who had painted scenes and flowers most of her life. She framed several and gave them as gifts, and had a set of them printed onto notecards. After she died, all of the kids and family members wanted some of her paintings before anything else. My Mom did two paintings that were great, and then quit. Hope you take it up again. Linda in Kansas

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, you are very talented. I think the first one is my favorite. I hope you find the time to continue honing these great artistic talents. :-)

acorn hollow said...

wonderful pieces. I am a sucker for a red barn and snow.
Cathy

Faith said...

My fave is the bottom one!!

Vicki Lane said...

They are all lovely. My favorite is the next to last. You need to do some more!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Time to take it up again. There is talent on display here, and I would bet it is a therapeutic activity too.