Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Montreal Scenes

 In planning our sojourn to Quebec, specifically Montreal I did a really stupid thing.  I relied on the description of the area that Louise Penny uses in her Inspector Gamache series. She describes the small hamlet of Three Pines as though it's part of the Eastern Townships of Quebec and very close to Montreal. So I expected that the AirBnB I booked outside of Montreal in the suburb town of Beloeil to be a hop, skip and a jump to the Eastern Townships. NOT! When I realized that I scrapped any plans for us to visit those little communities and focused on Montreal instead. 

Here are a smattering of photos from Montreal. The weather was grey the whole time we were there.













8 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Did you go out for dinner in Old Montréal? Surely one of the world's great dining experiences.

Tom said...

...a city of old and new, great destination.

Anvilcloud said...

Well, i know those first two iconic pictures. I was a boy tin Montreal, but aside from a little visit in ‘95, I have no experience with the city.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh they are nice photos, but I don't know what any of them depict. Glad you had a good time in the city.

Fun60 said...

I was in Montreal a few years ago and enjoyed my stay. I look forward to hearing more about your trip.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Montreal looks like a fun place to visit! I would really like to go there. Thanks for sharing these great pictures!

Kay said...

I thought we'd never been to Montreal, but Art just told me we have. Oops! I sure don't remember seeing any of these places you have posted. It looks very interesting.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for the info about your locale vs. Louis Penney’s town descriptions as Grenville is a huge fan. While the weather wasn’t cooperative, it looks like you made the best of it and explored Montreal. One day we hope to get there as well.