Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Autumn Changes

 Starting on September 13th, I took a morning photo of the view from the deck.  I wanted to capture the change that happens in autumn.  I didn't manage a photo every day and didn't include all the photos I took because some were just too dark.  

As you scroll through what changes jump out for you?

























The last photo was taken Sunday October 24th - our first frost day.  Temperatures registered 29º.

One thing I noticed was the photos taken earlier in the morning captured the yellow morning light that isn't there as the sun gets higher in the sky.  It gives the trees the yellow cast even though the leaf colors are still green.

What did you notice?

4 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I guess about halfway through there were color changes, then there was that wonderful fog! And now many of the trees have been showing their oranges and yellows. Beautiful and a great idea!

Tom said...

...for one thing I noticed that your chairs moved around, are they on wheels?

happyone said...

First thing I noticed was the red chairs in different places.

Anvilcloud said...

The light makes a difference. At one point, I was saying Wow! to the sudden splash of colour, but then the next photo was darker and much less colourful.