Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Four Years Ago

 A lot has happened in four years.  Rather than reflect on the political side I want to travel back to the memories we made on a road trip we took in January 2017. [If you want to read all the posts start here and then read newer posts. }

Here are some photos of note.  I selected houses and of course uploaded them in order but Blogger then doesn't recognize that order and puts them in willy-nilly!  I'm not going to sort them again!

Houses come from Memphis south to New Orleans then east to Tallahassee.  The first one you may recognize as Graceland.




Oak Alley below.







This mansion was in Memphis.



Our bed and breakfast outside Memphis and across the state line in Mississippi.



Slave quarters at Oak Alley.




It was a good trip - one of two that year.  The other was to Scotland in the Fall.  I sure do miss traveling! Can't even begin to plan any trips until we get our Covid vaccines.


4 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

If I lived in one of those huge houses there would be little incentive to travel. Not that I have any desire to venture very far; just being able to travel freely into the next county would keep me happy.

Tom said...

...a beautiful look back!

Fun60 said...

I like to see houses from other countries to see if there is a particular style. I think I would have expected the architecture of the mansions to have been American. I expect you will be raising a glass tomorrow to a new future.

Margaret said...

Those mansions! They are quite something. I went to Scotland in August/September of 2019. I was intending to visit Ireland in 2020. We know how that went.