Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, April 13, 2018

Amsterdam Museum Park

I know my title isn't the correct name for the area in Amsterdam where so many museums are sited.  I mentioned it in my last post as the spot where our guide left us to explore on our own for over an hour.  What I neglected to do was share the photos of that area.

The major draw is this sculpture.


Then there is this kiosk selling prints.


But the park area is large and you can see what gray weather we had.


Here's the Van Gogh Museum along one side.


Another look at the Rijks Museum from a distance.


Here's the concert hall opposite the Rijks.


The modern art museum.  See that hill.  School children were having such a good laugh rolling down that hill like they'd never seen one before.  Is Amsterdam that flat?


A close up of the Concert- Gebouw.


This Banksy art work was removed from a wall in London, I believe, that was going to be demolished.  The purchaser was from Amsterdam.



Still more to come.  Stay tuned!


5 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Thanks for visiting, Marcia and for your comment. You are doing a great job and have no fear, I visit you often.

Fun60 said...

Enjoyed the photos. Now that I can get the Eurostar direct to Amsterdam I have no excuse.

Tom said...

...a place that I'd love to see.

diane b said...

Amazing buildings and a lots of art to enjoy.

Kay said...

We went back to Amsterdam for five days and spent a LOT of time at the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. Such an amazing place!