Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Amsterdam & Bikes

We heard from a tour guide in Amsterdam that the number of bicycles exceeds the population by 6 times.  Could there be 6,000,000?  Now searching the Internet - its more like almost 2 bikes per person.

With all those bikes why is there a sign like this?


Actually it was a very small sign affixed to a fence so bikes wouldn't be parked there.


There are parking lots for bikes every where.


Even parking garages that go up several stories.


Bikes get stolen or the owner just can't remember where they parked their bike.


It was a rainy, dreary day but that didn't stop the bike commuters on this Tuesday morning.




3 comments:

Fun60 said...

I love the way Amsterdam has a proper road system for bikes and they are not intermingled with the cars as they are here.

Elaine said...

Goodness, it is a good few years since I was last in Amsterdam, this brings back happy memories.

Kay said...

Our cruise director called those the Killer Bikes.