Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Random Offerings from the Files

First my parents.
My dad would have been 98 on September 12th, they would have celebrated 76 years of marriage on the 14th, and Mom left us 3 years ago on the 26th.  Dad died in December of 2007.


On a vacation to Lake Ontario we drove up to see the St. Lawrence and take a boat ride tour.  Here's our first view of the river from the street.  Town name has escaped me.


On board the boat with a view of some of the houses in the 1000 Islands.



This is a lighthouse on the St. Lawrence but from another trip there.


And from Landsberg, Germany this past June here is where Dan and I had lunch.


 Notice the shawls on the chairs?  I thought someone had left one behind then realized all the chairs had them.  The air could be cold as we sat there and I was glad to have the shawl.


Above a tomato and cheese sandwich on a baguette and pizza below.
Unlike any kind of pizza we've had before.  Good though.



4 comments:

Tom said...

Nice collection. The New York images are wonderful, perhaps you were in Clayton!

Dawn Y. said...

Such sweet memories, Marcia! ♥ It looks like you were enjoying Flammkuchen in Germany! So yummy!! I look forward to it each time I visit the Alsace and my friends in Germany. Enjoy the weekend! ♡Dawn@Petals.Paper.SimpleThymes

Fun60 said...

That's a lovely photo of your mum and dad with their matching tops.

Gosia said...

nice photo of your parents and typical European pizza