Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Pond Garden


I was out taking photos of the iris in the gardens yesterday morning and had to take these photos of the Pond Garden.

Here's the lilac in full bloom - a Mother's Day gift from Sarah.  Lilacs are the city flower of Harbin, China where Sarah was living in 2009 when she told me to buy myself one for Mother's Day.


I spotted the goldfish.  Not as many as last year, but it's neat to see they survived the winter.


This water lily is getting bigger every year.  I hope to see blooms again this year.


The water iris are not in full array yet but soon will be.



The Joe Pye weed is sprouting well.


This is a volunteer don't know if it's a seedling from the plant pictured below it.



The butterfly weed is doing well too.


There's my study window where I have a fine view of the Pond Garden.




3 comments:

Fun60 said...

How lovely to be able to sit by the window and admire your beautiful pond garden. It is wonderful. You must spend a lot of time weeding.

Tom said...

How on earth do you find time to take of all this beauty? Tom The Backroads Traveller

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Just to answer your question on my post today regarding whether these are the last Elephants that I share. The answer is no but not for a while. I am giving myself a break and when resumming, I will be posting in the order that I was travelling around Malawi so I know the next olace has no Elephants nevertheless I am sure you will find it interesting. Each place we visited was different. When I reach South Africa, there will be more Elephants.