Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Vegetable Garden Status


Blueberry bushes are doing well. Full of blossoms.


Peas in this bed have not done well, even after replanting. I took off the chicken wire screen and planted more beets there instead.


A volunteer squash of unknown variety.


One lonely lettuce seedling. None of the others did anything.


Spinach from last fall has been delicious.


Beets are so so. I expected more to show up. This bed gets a screen cover to keep the turkey from eating the peas.


Garlic doing well.


The bed with more peas, Brussels sprouts and spinach.

I'm not impressed with the germination rate of the seeds I bought this year. Spinach, beets, lettuce, and peas have not germinated as I expected them to. I planted more beets, and lettuce today and planted the mesculun seed mix I had purchased in Vermont last year that did well.

No comments: