Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Latest Book Club Selection

So the title of my blog includes the word "book" and I haven't posted about any in a very long time. My apologies!

My book club just met on Friday night to enjoy dinner and discussion of Garth Stein's The Art of Racing in the Rain. I first heard of this book from my sister, Bonnie who raved about it as we drove to the funeral of my aunt so was pleasantly surprised to discover it was our February read.

It's unusual in that it's not in first person, it's in first dog. Yes, the dog is telling the story and quite well. I'm not a dog person but I could still appreciate that there is intelligence there and maybe to the point Stein describes for Enzo, the dog, as he relates Denny's life story as he knows it. I don't want to give away the story, so watch the trailer above and look for the book to read it for yourself. It's a fast read and was well liked by all at the book club Friday night. I'm sure you'll like it, too.

No comments: