Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Scenes from the Garden


Marigolds are lovely this time of year. Though, I do have one plant that hasn't bloomed at all.


Volunteer tomatoes are ripening nicely. This is the variety you see in the supermarket that's sold on the stems.


Volunteer cantaloupe is almost ripe.


Another volunteer cantaloupe that's much smaller. Don't know if it will ripen.


With all the rain there are lots of toadstools through the garden.


Chicken wire has kept the groundhog at bay so these could flower.


Miss Amelia day lily that I planted this summer. Of the three plants this is the only one to bloom.


Coleus looks lovely now with all the rain.


False dragonhead in bloom.


Another toadstool variety.


Goldfish think I will feed them.


A surprise flowering in the pond.


The largest tomato so far and probably for the year.


Arugula, spinach and mesculun (to the left) have sprouted.

No comments: