Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Historical Fiction

Wednesday night I finished reading an historical fiction that takes place in 1200. "The Canterbury Papers" has as its narrator the Princess Alais. She was a real person who was betrothed to Richard the Lionheart but ended up being the mistress of his father, King Henry, at the age of 16. The story takes place 20+ years after that time when Richard's brother John was king of England.

It was an interesting story that held my attention throughout. The author did a good job portraying the Princess as an assertive woman for the times. I'll look for other books by this author, particularly the sequel, "The Rebel Princess".

No comments: