Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Fredericksburg Steeples

Most of the churches in the historic part of Fredericksburg, VA are gathered on one street in town.

We walked passed most of these on our way to a restaurant on Mother's Day.



Same steeple - different angle.





I think the one top and below had the same architect.


This one we saw coming from our BnB.  Not sure what happened to the rest of the building.  I guess we'd know if we'd stop to read the historical marker.


I only captured half of the front, but it was symmetrical so you can imagine what it looked like.



4 comments:

Tom said...

...I love steeples and you have some beauties here!

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Impressive - shame about the wires everywhere, though. That last one looked really interesting...your mission, should you choose to accept it...what's the story?!

Kay said...

What a beautiful place.

Linda said...

Oh, I've been there... Falmouth! Okay, check this out: Union Church. They have a page at falmouthunionchurch dot org.