Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Another Snake!

Saturday my son-in-law William spotted a snake at the pond.  Daughter Emily captured this photo of it.  You can see its head in the middle of the photo.


Granddaughter told William she wanted to hold it.  She showed no fear.

I'm not sure what kind of snake this is.  Anyone recognize it?


On Monday, what did I find in the garage?

The snake caught in the mouse trap!


I contemplated leaving it for Dan to dispose but then took a shovel to move it out only to discover it was still alive.


I managed to release the trap without getting my hand close and it wriggled away.

This is the second time we have caught a snake in a mouse trap.  The first one wasn't so lucky.

6 comments:

Tom said...

snakes and I are not friends.

Kay said...

Thank goodness we don't have snakes proliferating in Hawaii. How wonderful that your granddaughter is a naturalist.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Thatwas good that you were able to release the snake

Stewart M said...

'Snakes in the Garage' sounds like a B Movie title - glad nobody (including the second snake!) got hurt!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am glad the snake was ok and set free. My hubby has found them on our traps too. Luckily they are not the poisonous snakes. Have a happy day and weekend ahead!

joanna said...

I've lived with rattlers and it made me very jittery. They slithered under my garden lounge chair. You are a brave lady, photographing them so close-up.