Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, July 30, 2018

update

I got the wrappings/cast off my hand last Friday.  

Worst part was the removal of stitches!  5 incisions, one which had 4 stitches, the others 2 each.

Then I got wrapped in a temporary cast and today will get a removable one so I can take it off when I shower.

My physical therapy begins Tuesday morning with an occupational therapist.

Still typing one-handed but looking forward to using the left again.

7 comments:

Tom said...

...well you are typing like I do.

Fun60 said...

What other way is there to type? Glad to hear it is all going well.

Elaine said...

Ouch! You will soon be enjoying a bit more freedom - and the bliss of being free to shower.

Cynthia said...

It sounds like you are making good progress. Those removable casts so you can shower are wonderful. Now, don't overdo!

diane b said...

Good news a removable cast. Take care, take it slowly.

Stewart M said...

Hope the healing is going well.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Well---you are definitely making progress. I am sure that trying to type is the hardest!!!! Hang in there, Marcia.... Just keep taking steps forward each day!!!! Good luck with the physical therapy.

Hugs,
Betsy