Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, September 11, 2015

What's This? (6)


What was that red thing I saw?

Ah, it's a shoe.






The old shoe factories in Lynchburg, VA are being repurposed.  In this case a hotel and a restaurant.


Other old warehouses are becoming apartment complexes.


Even an old statue has been redone.  
The water bearer.


It's an inviting spot that should catch on soon.




2 comments:

Tom said...

How cool is that shoe and in my color!

Kay said...

Hello Marcia! Thank you so much for your visit and kind comment. It's always fun to meet another retired teacher. In fact, a lot of my regular readers are retired teachers. They are also on my sidebar and have become cyber friends. Thank you very much for adding me to yours. I'll add you to mine as well