Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Recipe Created

I had avocados that were ripe and had to be used. I had cucumber that is perfect his time of year so I created this recipe.

Cucumber-Avocado Salad

Ingredients
1 cucumber peeled and thinly sliced
1 large garlic clove crushed
5-6 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
1/4 cup lime juice
2 avocados diced
sea salt and pepper to taste
fresh basil chopped (to taste)

Combine all the ingredients tossing them in the lime juice. To make ahead combine everything except the avocados and lime juice. Before serving peel and dice the avocado and toss with other ingredients in the lime juice.

No comments: