Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, August 24, 2024

Jennifer Rubin's Review of ...

 Kamala Harris' acceptance speech on Thursday night.

Vice President Kamala Harris waves after speaking on the final night of the Democratic National Convention in Chicago on Thursday. (Kent Nishimura/AFP/AFP/Getty Images)

4 comments:

Tom said...

...the convention was a professionally staged event, now the task to sell the vision to as many Americans as possible. A HUGE task at that.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Now that the euphoria of the convention is over, it's time to stimulate the voters. There's still a long way to go, but given Trump, Kennedy and Vance as the opposition you'd think it would be easy.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

The problem as I see it is that Kamala Harris has two possible ways to win the election. She either has to encourage the apathetic to get out and vote or else persuade those intending to vote for Trump to change their allegiance. Whether either of these groups can be bothered to listen to logical argument remains to be seen.

Granny Sue said...

Yes, let us hope that logic wins the day. Given what I see in my area, logic seems to havevtaken a backseat to idiocy and blind adherence to conspiracy theories. When did so many people get so stupid?