Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, July 22, 2016

European Vacation - Part VII

We arrived in Budapest, Hungary after dark on June 5th to board the AmaPrima the next afternoon for our river cruise up the Danube.

That Monday morning we had plenty of time to walk the city before we collected our bags at the boutique hotel I had found for us to stay on Sunday night.

Our room had the only balcony.  Here was the view of the narrow street the next morning.



That's our balcony with the flags.


The buildings here have such interesting features.


The streets are so walkable.











That statue is on the other side of the Danube on the Buda side of the city.



There were lovely pedestrian streets.  Here is one on the approach to St. Stephen's Basilica.




More on Budapest to come.  Our boat didn't depart from here until Tuesday evening.






2 comments:

doodles n daydreams said...

There is some lovely architecture here. I enjoyed walking the city streets with you. Now I look forward to your river cruise.

Diana

Tom said...

Fabulous architectural detail.