Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Time Well Spent

I spent Friday in my pond garden. In past years I've only done a cursory cut back of the dead growth of the irises, but this year with retirement I have the time to do it more thoroughly and the irises have spread so there's many more that need the trimming. I got a very wet foot in the process because I stepped in deeper water than I intended. The goldfish followed my progress since I was turning up morsels they liked. The frogs tolerated me and didn't budge from the mass of eggs. I didn't bother that. Alas no camera was out with me to take before and after photos. It was time well spent in the garden on a warm spring day.

1 comment:

HolleyGarden said...

I love ponds, but hate the mucking about. However, they need maintenance just like any garden. I bet your pond looks better and your fish/frogs appreciate it!