Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday's Feat - Banish the Snow!

And the snow is just about gone from the perennial garden. Yeah!

The pond is going to be visible any day now.

One day lily near a wall is showing green. Don't let the deer see that. They are so hungry they visit the bird feeder to eat sunflower seeds.

All the raised beds are clear of snow and ...

the lettuce and spinach from the fall wintered over and will be growing very soon.

Is it too much to hope that we will have an early spring?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love how you have the perennial beds laid out. Can't wait to see the progress as the weather warms up also.

Marcia said...

The garden is a compass rose and pretty true to the directions. I can't wait to be able to work out there. Spring can't come soon enough.