Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, April 13, 2009

New Faces in the Garden

On our trip to Vermont last week we walked through a statuary lot. I've been looking for some statues to add to the garden but didn't know what I wanted. There was a little boy reading a book and some other children and I had my theme. What we didn't have with us was money since we were on a walk. We said we'd come back the next day. We didn't. It was pouring rain that day, and on reconsidering realized we didn't need to bring back heavy concrete statues that we could find at home.

I searched the internet and yellow pages for similar businesses here in Maryland and couldn't find a one. On a whim I stopped in at Home Goods in Columbia and found they had an assortment of statues though not concrete. These are made of resin so I hope they last.

Here they are:


I also purchased this tower and a clematis to climb it. I hope the plant likes the spot.

Now all I need is for things to grow to see how it all works out.

No comments: