Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

New Vegetable Garden

I am trying two raised beds this year as a vegetable garden. Each measures 3 ft. x 3 ft. and is 10 inches deep.

Dan did most of the work to put them down level by using the pick axe.

We went to Home Depot for soil and a couple of bags of humus/manure. The soil came with lots of additives and there wasn't much choice. We got 9 bags to split between the two beds.
Here they are filled in. I can't wait to plant but am waiting on my seed order and free seeds from my daughter.
I couldn't have done it in one day without Dan's help.

1 comment:

Dan said...

They look very nice and the plastic will last forever, that's a plus. Good luck with your crops and I can't wait to see them full of produce.