Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Johnstown, PA Cathedral


 We visited Johnstown, PA in late December.  It is famous for a devastating flood in 1889.

After visiting the museum about the flood I got these photos from the car.  I don't know if this cathedral predates the flood.











Linking to Inspired Sunday

6 comments:

Fun60 said...

Impressive looking Cathedral. Hope your January project is going well and your larder is almost back to a workable area again.

amanda | wildly simple said...

I've been reading about Pennsylvania most of the day. There is much to see there! Those old cathedral always amaze me.

amanda | wildly simple said...

I've been reading about Pennsylvania most of the day. There is much to see there! Those old cathedral always amaze me.

Tom said...

Lots of interesting architectural detail here!

..."E"... Beth Edwards said...

not sure what you would call those on the front? murals? they are amazing! ( :

Bill Nicholls said...

Looks like a nice cathedral to visit

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...