Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Philly Flower Show Purchases


There was an incredible amount of stuff to buy at the Flower Show. I refrained from buying the duck rocks with the metal necks and feet, as well as the copper pots and watering cans, the hanging soil-less plant containers, the jewelry, specialty foods, and plants of all sorts. I did succumb to some purchases.

A peony for the perennial garden.

Some very important labels for the vegetable garden and other places. We stopped in two other vendors before we found these. The others were sold out.

I got two hummingbird feeders. (Emily, do you want one of them?)

And these were an impulse purchase for the edge of the glen. They are flowering ferns. I hope they weren't a sucker purchase. No labels came with them. I'll have to look them up on the internet.

No comments: