Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, June 18, 2018

First Tuesday Hike

The first Tuesday of each month Vantage House fitness staff sponsors a hike.  For June the original destination was a wash out because of the heavy rain and flooding over the Memorial Day weekend.  [I'm sure you read or heard about the flooding in Ellicott City, MD.  We are very close to that though that wasn't the destination this time.]

The new location was a trail connecting one park to another.  It was a gorgeous day for a hike/walk.


From the parking lot we walked along soccer fields before reaching the woods.


The trail then went under the intra county connector rt 200 which is a fairly new toll road.


I was impressed by the design detail of the columns under the highway.





A trail sign confirmed the trail we were on, Little Paint Branch Trail.  Paint Branch is a creek in the area but I don't remember seeing it.  Our trail was paved but Viper wasn't.



The trail brought us out to another park with quite a large pond.


Lots of birds singing especially a mockingbird.


We returned the same way we came to our bus for the ride home.



On July 3rd we are headed to Annapolis and Quiet Waters Park.

3 comments:

Tom said...

...keep putting one foot in front of the other!

Latane Barton said...

What a fabulous thing for Vantage House to do... beautiful scenery and you are getting healthier, too.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Looks like a wonderful walk. You certainly are enjoying your new home and all of the wonderful things it offers... That is GREAT!!!

Thanks for the suggestion about comment moderation... I have that enabled if someone comes to a blog post after 2 days but I don't get an email. I only get the comment on my Blogger dashboard page... I'll check into the email part...

Hugs,
Betsy